Thursday, June 11, 2009

Meet the Team

It's truly a blessing to be surrounded by brilliant people.

Mel, our playwright, is a keenly intuitive writer.  She paints a beautiful picture of this couple, Ben and Grace, with small strokes leaving room for choices, interpretation, and playing.  Mel's writing goes from hysterically funny to poignantly tender and heart wrenching.  The ride she takes us on in this show is wonderful and, while we may not have experiences like Ben and Grace's, we can learn a lot.

Dave, our producer, is the best to work with.  He is very on top of our numbers, our needs, etc.  I don't even know the number of hours Dave has put in on this show, but his work is wonderful and we would be lost without him.  I trust and value his input.  Not only does he keep us on track financially, but I trust him artistically as well.  

Amelia, our stage manager, is my saving grace!  I would be lost in rehearsals without her there!  She takes care of my cast and me, making sure our needs in rehearsal are met.  She records rehearsals with detail, blocking and character work, and keeps us all laughing.  She finds solutions to problems that I would be banging my head against a wall about.  Without Amelia, I think my head would've exploded by now!

Jen, our costume designer, is so fun!  Her ideas are creative and fresh and awesome.  I completely trust her ability to make everyone look fantastic.  She is a fantastic communicator and I love getting emails from her keeping me up-to-date about how hot everyone is going to look.  She's excellent and multitalented - she'll be taking our production photos so watch for those!

Mike, our lighting designer, is thorough and efficient.  He is awesome about putting in the time to make this show the best.  He spent hours at PTC fixing sound for us and he's not even doing sound!  His lighting concept is awesome and I'm so excited for his input in making this show cohesive and fluid.

Sarah, our sound designer, is enthusiastic and hard working.  She is dedicated to doing her best work and won't settle for anything less.  Her enthusiasm is contagious she brings a life and energy to her work that is admirable.  

Heidi, Grace and our set designer, is multitalented!  She is creative and inventive.  She has reinvented the space at Provo Theatre Company in a way that is engaging.  She has totally blown my creative box out of the water!  I have been consistently impressed with Heidi's brilliance and dedication.

Jake, an ensemble actor and marketing associate, offers a grounded perspective on how we can best advertise this show.  He offers realistic advice and practical experience to help us improve our marketing so that we can reach a wide audience and share our story.

The people working on this show are fantastic.  Literally brilliant.  I totally trust my production team's ideas and insights.  It's really fun!  All of these people I'm working with, without exception, are multi-talented.  I feel very humbled and honored to be working with them and I would be lost without their assistance!

Now that you know how awesome town all these people are that are working on this show, be sure to come see it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment